Occold Primary School was last inspected by Ofsted in January of 2023. The inspectors were impressed by the school, its teachers and the children.
A full copy of the report can be accessed here.
Ofsted recognised that this is a school where all staff work hard to give children the best possible opportunities. They noted:
- As a result of high expectations, pupils’ aspirations are raised and they develop a love of learning. The curriculum extends beyond the classroom to include a rich range of additional opportunities.
- Behaviour is calm. Pupils respond well to clear routines, resulting in little disruption to learning. Pupils say that the school is a happy community.
- Leaders have provided an ambitious and broad curriculum. They have based this carefully around pupils’ needs.
- Teachers support pupils with SEND effectively…Pupils with SEND read well and talk about their books with enthusiasm.
- An impressive 100% of parents said that they would recommend the school to another parent.
Parents can give their views about the school on the Ofsted Parent View site.