PE and Sport
At Occold Primary School we are keen for all our children to develop active and healthy lifestyles.
One of the ways in which we achieve this is through providing children with the opportunity to participate in a wide range of sports including outdoor and adventurous activities.
The following list is a representative sample of some of the ways in which we do this.
- Due to the small size of our school we transport our children to specialist facilities such as the Gymnastics Centre in Piper’s Vale and the Watersports Park at Whitlingham.
- We work closely with our local High Schools to make use of their facilities so children have access to specialist equipment and coaches including gymnastic apparatus. We also work with High School students undertaking their Sports Leader Award. This is of benefit to both schools and supports the transition process.
- We are committed to both maximising participation and competition in sport. We take part in a wide range of sporting tournaments organised by the High Suffolk School Sport Partnership.
- Specialist sports coaches work alongside staff in order to develop subject expertise within the school.
- The Village Hall is hired all year round provide a large space for indoor activities and as a back-up when we experience poor weather.
- Children across the school attend swimming lessons each week. Reception and Year 6 attend for one term and all other year groups attend for two terms.
You don’t know how good you are until you actually get out on a bike and get riding.
Laura Kenny the most successful British female athlete, in Olympic history.
Please see the document below for details on how we use the PE and Sports Premium.